Here in Saudi Arabia Mobile Telecom company STC already provided this service almost 1 year ago. You can manage up to 5 different numbers from a single SIM card. You don't need to change the SIM card in your mobile again and again to make and receive calls. Now this service is also available in Pakistan.
Ufone has announced Ufone Double Number package which allows you to have up to 2 numbers from a single SIM. As Ufone has mentioned in their advertisement they are offering this service for the first time ever in Pakistan by any mobile operator. No other operator offered this service before.
As there is much competition in Pakistan among Mobile phone operators so we can expect this service to be offered soon by rest of operators like Warid, Mobilink, Telenor or Zong. Ufone explains more at their website.
Ufone Double NumberThere is so much to manage in life already that having to manage different mobiles or SIMs for work, personal use or any other reason is not something that you really look forward to. For the first time in Pakistan, Ufone has come up with a breakthrough technology of Double Number service.
Finally you do not need to carry two mobiles or SIMs with this service you will get a virtual number on your original number. Meaning two numbers on one SIM. With Double Number you can switch off your business number while keeping your other number open for family and friends or simply operate two businesses with one SIM.
How to use this serviceSubscribing to this service is simple. There are multiple ways to subscribe to this service:
- Send SUB to 660
- Dial *66# from your Ufone number
Once you subscribe to the service the system will randomly select an idle number from Double Number inventory. An SMS will be sent to your number:
“Your Double Number is 033XXXXXXXX. Charges Rs.30 + Tax / Month. Please dial 66 followed by any number and make calls from your Double Number.”
- Now you can make calls and send SMS from your assigned Double Number instantly by dialing 66 before the number you are calling or sending a message to.
Example: if your assigned Double Number is 03335100011 and you want to make a call to 03331234567 you will dial 6603331234567. The receiver will receive the number from 03335100011.
- Similarly to send an SMS to 03331234567 you will write the SMS and send it with the prefix “66” i.e.
Type message: “How are you?” and send it to 6603331234567. The receiver will receive the SMS from 03335100011.
- Both users can talk to each other whereas billing will be done to primary number on per minute basis.
- If 03331234567 want to make call or SMS to 03335100011, user will simply dial 03335100011 and the call/SMS will be routed to 03335100012 (the primary number).
Additional features of the service are as follows which can be accessed through IVR 660
- Users can switch off/on their Double Number any time or for specific time period.
- Bar a Caller - You will not receive calls from selected number on your Double Number.
- Bar All Callers - All incoming calls on Double Number will be blocked
- Unblock All Callers - All incoming calls on Double Number will be allowed
- Unblock a Caller - You will start receiving calls from number that you blocked.
Why you must have it:
There are so many reasons that this service is a must have. Few of them are:
- 2 numbers in 1 SIM: No need to carry two handsets or switch between SIMs, makes operating 2 numbers at one time very easy.
- Have separate official and personal numbers: Keep you personal number always on, and switch off your business Double Number after office hours and enjoy uninterrupted quality family time.
- Maintain your Privacy and Security: If you have to give your number to someone you do not want to receive calls from after a certain time period; you can always just give them your double number. You can also use your Double Number to call unknown numbers if you don’t want everybody to know your primary number.
- Double Numbers for Double Businesses: If you require 2 numbers for your business, you can do so on the same SIM
- Separate Friends Circles: While your family and close friends are in touch with you on your primary number, you can give your acquaintances your Double Number which you can switch off at any time.
- It's hard to avoid you now: If you are trying to reach someone who is intentionally not taking your calls or responding to your messages, a call from a new Double Number might do the trick.
- Screen unwanted calls: You can maintain a block list for on your Double Number, if you do not wish to receive calls of SMS from certain numbers.
- Get a second number without the hassle: Get a new number for yourself without losing important messages or contacts from your device and revert to your original number whenever you feel like it. This way you can easily maintain 2 numbers without the hassle of multiple bills, networks, mobiles or even SIMs
- Subscription Charges: Rs.30+Tax/Mon (Re.1+Tax/Day from next month)
- Call Charges (On-Net/ Off-Net): Rs. 1.30+Tax per Minute
- SMS Charges (On-Net/ Off-Net): Rs.0.50+tax/SMS
- 660 IVR Charges: Re. 1+Tax/Minute
You can read the FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions) and Terms of Service at Ufone's announcement page.