July 9, 2010

16 Basic Internet Definitions for Kids

Back in 2008 I have written this booklet for my employer's children. I have also given them a few lectures using multimedia projector. The purpose of this booklet was to introduce basic Internet terminologies and Resources. It is very easy to know about Yahoo, Microsoft and Google for an adult. But for children it becomes little difficult to explain them What is Internet and Why is Internet. That time I googled a lot to find similer stuff free from some online resource but I have found everyone is asking for registrations, course fees and paid lectures. Even basic education books for children are very expensive. So that I decided to solve this issue myself and I spent a week writing all this. Also I put visual aids for childern to understand easily. Here is the booklet index.

Another buddy at Common Craft is also doing stuff like this as I have mentioned in an earlier post.

  • WHAT IS A WEB PAGE
  • WHAT IS A WEB SITE
  • WHAT IS A CLIENT COMPUTER
  • WHAT IS A SERVER COMPUTER
  • DIAGRAM OF CLIENT-SERVER COMMUNICATION
  • WHAT IS A WEB BROWSER
  • WHAT IS MSN AND MSN MESSENGER
  • WHAT IS RSS
  • WHAT IS A BLOG
  • WHAT IS A SEARCH ENGINE
  • WHAT IS GOOGLE AND WHY IT IS SO FAMOUS
  • WHAT IS YOU TUBE
  • WHAT IS FLICKR
  • WHAT IS WIKIPEDIA
  • WHAT IS FACEBOOK
  • WHAT IS YAHOO

If you like to download this book. Just click here to get it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...